General Help Care Support
Nowadays there are many different ways care can be delivered. With the increasing popularity of personal budgets, service users and their families are empowered to make their own decisions to buy the care they really need.
But with this choice comes more responsibility and more complexity; what is the best way to spend your budget, are there any free services available, can I employ a personal assistant, how can you use your money to engage in the community? How do I get the most for my money? We offer a friendly hand to help guide you through the maze.
Support & brokerage planning
Eachone Care is accredited by the Council Support with Confidence scheme as a provider of support planning and brokerage. Whether you have been awarded a personal budget for care by your local authority or you fund your own care, we can help you:
- Clarify what you would like to achieve;
- Speak on your behalf when negotiating with service providers;
- Provide advice and guidance;
- Prepare a support plan;
- Coordinate the delivery of your support.
In some cases, the council may fund your support and brokerage, if not, we work at a fixed hourly rate set by the council.
Personal assistants are becoming increasing popular as Personal Budgets become more widespread. A personal assistant (PA) is someone you recruit yourself as a carer/helper. You employ him or her yourself. In most cases this will be more economical than using an agency to supply carers but there are some things you need to consider:
- Unless you know someone who is willing to do the job, you will need to advertise for applicants.
- You will need to interview applicants.
- You will need an employment contract and you will need to comply with current employment legislation.
- You will need to pay your personal assistant’s income tax and National Insurance contributions.
- Your PA may not be as well trained as an agency carer.
- You may need cover when your PA is sick, on holiday or resigns.
With a bit of help this is not as daunting as it sounds so we offer various levels of support throughout the process. Our full package includes finding you a shortlist of candidates, sitting with you in interviews, ensuring the successful candidate is properly trained, employing the PA for you (thus removing all your employer responsibilities) and even providing cover during your PA’s absences. You can pick and choose which elements of our package you need and we only charge you for what you use.